Nowadays medical science has gone far beyond the thinking of people. Once, people were unaware of the word disease or clinical problem. But now as the time progresses, medical science has progressed a lot and now doctors are able to cure such diseases that were thought to be incurable at some pointing time. With the help of modern and advancement in the study of human body, medical science is able to cure many diseases and clinical problems like typhoid, hepatitis cancer and many others.
As people get awareness about curing the disease and clinical problems, they use many methods to control them. Some people use extracts of plants to cure them and many use mixture of different ingredients to make a syrup to cure diseases. Later, as time progresses; the different methods were developed and it reaches a stage of curing diseases and clinical problems with medicines in the form of tablets, vaccines and many other things of this category.
Prednisone is the fruit of the modern science and pharmaceutics and it is mainly used in the treatment of cancer. Now, let’s go in the detail about this tablet prednisone. This tablet is a glucocorticoid, adrenocortical steroids which occur both naturally and synthetically. The adrenocortical steroids are easily adsorbed by gastrointestinal tract. C21H26O5 is the molecular formula of prednisone. If we talk about chemical composition, then it’s chemical formula is 17, 21-dihydroxypregna-1, 4-diene-3, 11, 20-trione.
Now let’s talk about the description of the prednisone.
- It is white or practically white in color, generally odorless with the molecular weight of about 358.44.
- Prednisone melts at 230°C and experiments revealed that at this temperature it melts but also show some decomposition as well.
- It is slightly soluble in the natural solvent water, and also slight soluble in organic solvents like hol, chloroform, methanol and dioxane.
[adsense_test_1_b] Prednisone is available in many different doses of 5mg, 10mg, 15mg and 20mg. each tablet of prednisone is for the oral administration. In this article, we will focus only on the prednisone 5mg. The prednisone 5mg tablet contains many inactive ingredients as well to make this medicine able enough to reach the site of it’s action. The inactive ingredients of prednisone 5mg are microcrystalline cellulose, starch glycolate, magnesium stearate. Also anhydrous lactose, colloidal silicon dioxide sodium starch and talc are also included in the inactive ingredients of this tablet.
These prednisone tablets are indicated to be used in some specific conditions; for example:
- these are used in specific conditions that are are endocrine disorders which may be primary or secondary or temporary adrenocortical insufficiencies.
- Usually cortisone or hydrocortisone is the first choice of the doctors. Prednisone is also indicated to be used in the hyercalcemia which is associated with cancer. Beside these two indications of this medicine, it is also indicated to be used in congenital adrenal hyperplasia as well.
- Besides this, prednisone tablets modify the immune system of the human body by driving a stimulus in the body.
- In many skin diseases, like severe erythema multiforme, severe psoriasis and pemphigus this medicine is indicated to be used.
- Also, for controlling the allergic stages like bronchial asthma, drug hypersensitivity reactions, contact dermatitis and seasonal or perennial allergy this medicine is indicated to be used.
As this medicine is widely for curing the disease and clinical problems there are many cases in which prednisone tablets are the options to be used but they are not preferred because there is a possibility that it can cause many other problems like allergic reactions of the body and many others like blood pressure, diabetes and others. In case of this even they are in the low dosages of prednisone 5mg tablets available, it should be used only when doctor recommends it. Otherwise it could be fatal as well by causing other secondary infection in the body.
As we are just focusing on the small dose of prednisone tablets which are of 5mg, let’s see what instructions and information’s are available on i’st principle display panel. It is stated that each tablet of prednisone contains 5 mg of prednisone. It should be stored at temperature range of 20 to 25°C. It should be protected form light and moisture. The patient should be kept in the complete observation of doctor in case if he shows some secondary infection as a result of using these tablets. Keep the packing of this medicine out of reach of children and other family members.